Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Making my House a Home

Everyone loves to be their own interior designer. When you're at you're creative best, you can visualize and design your own elements which can lift the look and feel of the place you live. Especially when it's you're comfort zone, your home.

Makemyhome.com has this exciting challenge to decorate your home with any three of their items from their catalogue whilst sticking to a theme.

Personally, my aim is to declutter and as much as possible retain the living spaces. Hence I've selected my individualistic style as 'Contemporary'

The three items I've chosen and why are as below:

Living room, as the name depicts is the place where you 'live' most of the day or so as to say, carry out various activities. Hence the lighting needs to be impeccable during the day as well as night time.


This painting I've chosen as my first of the three items would liven up the blank and empty wall above the sofa set in my living room. It's what I'd like me or people entering my home to take notice of. Not only will it brighten the walls up, but also a touch of a red in a painting brings out the creativity in any person.


I always wanted to use eco friendly earthern lamps rather than electric ones. The only time I use earthern lamps is during Diwali. So why not have one all throughout the year that will also immerse the surroundings with the fragrance of lavender oils. I will place this oil burner in the favourite corner of my home. At night, one would not require the lights to be switched on and one could just bask in its luminescence and eerie glow that it would cast not only in the entire hall.

Frankly I'm not really a morning person but if I do get up early in the morning, there's nothing like glancing at nature. This mural poster is bright and lively with warm colours having birds fluttering around amidst tree branches. Just the kind of thing I want to get inspired to start my day ahead. I would place this right above my dining table.

So, there you go, those are my ideas to brighten up my house 

This post is a part of Makemyhome activity at BlogAdda.com

4 comments:

  1. Liked your choice of the earthen lamp and also the painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.All the best for the contest.
    http://natashavanshika.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

So, Is your glass half empty or half full? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis