Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dear Dad



Dear Dad,

I don't know where to start. As I reflect back on the 25 years with you, I literally have tears in my eyes. Where do I start? No memory can be more beautiful than the other. I cherish each and every lovely memory I have with you till date. 

Should I ask you to remember the lavish party you threw when I was born? Or should I ask you to remember the time when you refused to hold me for the first time ever after I was born, only because you had a cold that day? 
Shall I ask you to reminisce the time you scolded me while teaching me to ride the bicycle? And then gradually pushing me to drive a car and ride a scooter.
Or how about the time you helped me ace my maths exam in high school; when I was petrified of it?
Can you remember the time I lost your favourite umbrella in an autorickshaw? And yet you didn't say anything but you gave me your other one.
Or shall I remind you the countless times you used to drop me to school in the car when I missed the bus? Even when
Let me remind you of the countless times I waited for your return from your foreign trips bringing me a memento or a gift each time? I still remember you basking in the smile on my face.
In school, do you remember fighting against a teacher’s wrong for me? I admired the power of your writing then.
In college, when I was staying away from home, do you remember the time you and mom took me to the doc when I was too sick with fever to get up?
When I grew up, do you remember you the time I forgot my exam hallticket at home? You rushed to the exam hall and got it for me. And the countless times you backed me even when I was in trouble.


Dad, with tight hug, I want to thank you with all my heart-

For the education you gave me
For the opportunities you gave me
For making me independent
For the values you gave me
For always being my guide
For the friendship we share
For the always treated me as an equal.
For giving me my freedom to make my choices
For supporting me through and through
For trusting me completely
For making me strong, just like you.


I will always always always always love you.

- Your Gondi Gauri




“This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, Is your glass half empty or half full? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis